Our History

Fairview 1927 – 1955

Fairview 1927 – 1955

In 1927, three men from Fort Wayne Bible College came to Angola to hold tent meeting revival services. The tent meeting was held on a vacant lot of what is now Auto Zone on North Wayne Street. The results of the meetings were so encouraging, one of the men, Rev. Joseph Klopfenstein, organized a group to start a new church.

This young congregation was able to obtain the use of the abandoned Fairview Church of Christ on East Mechanic Street on the lot of what is now C A Nedele & Sons. That area of town was then known as the Fairview Subdivision. The congregation changed the name of the church to Fairview Missionary Church, the name of the church still holds.

 
1stchurch
transition-sunday
 
 

Stories of God’s Leading Over the Years & Mortgage Burning Service

This bell, shown in the above video, is from the original 1927 Fairview Missionary Church located on Mechanic Street, Angola, Indiana, where      C. A. Nedele and Sons is currently located. We are able to track the authenticity of the bell over the years through former Fairview members who are now in heaven and current Fairview members who knew where the bell was before it came back to Fairview Missionary Church.
 
In 2017, once it is warm, a raised platform for the bell will be built on the northwest corner outside the gym as a permanent historical monument to God’s faithfulness over the years. 2017 will be the 90th anniversary of Fairview Missionary Church.
Fairview 1920's
 
 
Fairview 1920's
 
Fairview in the late 1920's

Fairview in the late 1920’s